Welcome

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Our Home

I wanted to post a few pictures of our apartment here in Amman.  We live in west Amman, which is considered more western, modern, and wealthier than east Amman.  It also tends to be more liberal in dress for women, and hosts many of the bars, liquor stores, and places to buy pork.

 Our apartment is surprisingly modern and large.  I was thinking it would be more like European size apartments, but it is definitely more like an American-sized place. We have 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a family room, formal living/dining area and kitchen.  We look across the street at an olive grove.   It is on a quiet road, only a couple minutes drive to school, and more importantly for Shanna, close to a Starbucks.

 The first week of school went very smoothly.  Kids are kids regardless of where you are at, but I feel like I have a great group who are very bright, have personalities, and seem to enjoy school.  Behavior issues should be minimal.  I feel like I am actually going to get to focus on teaching!  Last night, we went over to a friends house and enjoyed playing cornhole on their rooftop overlooking the city.  It was pretty sweet.

For those who are teachers, here is my schedule.  I have so much planning time. At 1:30, I am done for the day!

8-9:30 LA
9:30-9:45 Morning break
9:45-11:55 Math/Science/SS
12-12:40 Lunch
12:40-1:20 Read Aloud/Pack Up
1:30-2:15 Arabic
2:15-3:00 Specials
                                      This is our formal living area when you walk in the house.

The front of our apartment building.  We are on the second floor, just above the copper colored roof on the right.


Our "formal dining area."  It can actually fit eight people.  Our balcony is behind the white curtain.


                  This is our kitchen.  We are desperately missing a dishwasher along with a dryer.

                                          Our "American" style couch in our family room.

                                         You've gotta have the wall mounted flat screen right?

            Ryker's bedroom.  He no longer sleeps in the pack and play.  He has graduated to the queen  size bed.  He also likes to turn on the light late at night and read in his bed.  Then he turns it off and goes back to sleep.  Not sure who this kid is!

Our guest bedroom.  A nice, comfortable queen size bed awaits you.  Please come to Jordan, we would love to have you!

Our master bedroom.  Finally, a king size bed.

Our jacuzzi tub in the master bath.  A pleasant surprise for both Shanna and Ryker.

A view from our balcony.  The olive grove across the street.

Our ride.  A Mitsubishi Lancer with what I like to term a 1 cylinder engine.  It has no power, which is difficult with all the hills here in Amman.  

3 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. READ MY TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A REAL AND GENUINE LOAN COMPANY CALLED JOSE LUIS LOANS, I AM VERY HAPPY TODAY AND GOD BLESS JOSE LUIS LOAN

    Hello,
    My name is Alex Miray I am from Latvia, I'm married, i have been searching for a genuine loan company for the past 5 months and all i got was bunch of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day, they took my money without giving anything in return, all my hope was lost, i got confused and frustrated,i find it very difficult to feed my family, i never wanted to have anything to do with loan companies on the internet, so i went to borrow some money from a
    friend, i told her all that happened and she said she can help me, that she knows a loan company that can help me with any amount of loan needed by me with a very low interest rate of 2%, that she just got a loan from them, she directed me on how to apply for the loan, i did just as she told me, i applied with them on Email:(joseluisloans@gmail.com),i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise i got the loan within 24 hours, i could not believe,
    am happy and rich again and i am thanking God that such loan companies like this still exist upon this scams all over the places,please i advise everyone out there who are in need of loan to go for
    ( joseluisloans@gmail.com ) they will never fail you,and your life shall change as mine did.Quickly contact Jose luis loan today and get your loan from them,God bless jose luis
    company for their genuine loan offer.
    Make sure you contact jose luis company for your loan because i got my loan successfully from this company without stress

    ReplyDelete